MINUTES OF A REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING
OF THE MAYOR AND THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE
CITY OF TALLASSEE, ALABAMA
NOVEMBER 7, 2022
The Mayor and the City Council of the City of Tallassee, Alabama convened in regular session on Monday, November 7, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. at the Tallassee Municipal Complex. The meeting was called to order by Mayor Hill and the following were recorded as present:
Mayor Sarah Hill
Council Members Jeremy Taunton
Linda McNeal Mosher
Fred Randall Hughey
Lane Knight was present as city attorney and Whitney Pitchford as secretary for the meeting.
Approval of minutes: On motion of Councilmember Carr and a second by Councilmember Godwin, all councilmembers present voted to approve the minutes of the October 25, 2022 regular city council meeting.
Item 1. Mayor Hill read a Proclamation for Community Home Health and Hospice. Councilmember Godwin made a motion to approve the Proclamation, seconded by Councilmember Hughey. Upon a vote, the motion passed unanimously.
Item 2. The rezoning of 2695 Gilmer Avenue to DDH and 2749 Gilmer Avenue to HC was discussed. Councilmember Taunton made a motion to rezone 2695 Gilmer Avenue to DDH, seconded by Councilmember Brown. Upon a vote, the motion passed unanimously. Councilmember Godwin made a motion to rezone 2749 Gilmer Avenue to HC, seconded by Councilmember Carr. Upon a vote, the motion passed unanimously.
Item 3. Repair estimate from EC Commission for the North Ann bridge came in at $90,000. We can use the infrastructure account and the Rebuild Alabama Gas Tax account (use this first). Councilmember Godwin made a motion to approve the work to fix the road on North Ann, seconded by Councilmember Taunton. Upon a vote, the motion passed unanimously.
- Resolution concerning a Public Nuisance for grass at 402 James Street was discussed. Councilmember Hall made a motion to adopt the Resolution, seconded by Councilmember Godwin. Upon a vote, the motion passed unanimously and Resolution 2022-232 was adopted.
- The Library will begin its free books on November 28th and run through December 2nd.
- Funtastic Fort-closed today for maintenance. Will be open tomorrow.
- Veteran’s Day Program is at 10AM Friday.
- North Ann will be closed the 14th-18th possibly. There will be signs to reroute people. Open to local traffic only. EC is putting up signs notifying everyone that the road will be closed to thru traffic.
- Employee Christmas breakfast will be December 2nd. This is sponsored by Guardian Credit Union.
Ward 2: Betty Chapman with the Garden Club is seeking assistance in getting things done. Needing volunteers for this.
Ward 4: 402 James Street-wants to check with the building department to see if this house is being demolished. Wanted to let citizens know that that broken down boxes are being picked up by the limb truck.
Ward 6: Finance Committee needs to meet this month. Please send dates that you are available to Whitney.
There being no further business before the council, and upon motion of Councilmember Taunton and a second by Councilmember Carr, all councilmembers present voted to adjourn the meeting at 6:15 p.m.
SARAH HILL, Mayor
WHITNEY PITCHFORD, City Clerk