MINUTES OF A REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING
OF THE MAYOR AND THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE
CITY OF TALLASSEE, ALABAMA
SEPTEMBER 26, 2023
The Mayor and the City Council of the City of Tallassee, Alabama convened in regular session on Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. at the Tallassee Municipal Complex. The meeting was called to order by Mayor Hill and the following were recorded as present:
Mayor Sarah Hill
Council Members Jeremy Taunton
Linda McNeal Mosher
Fred Randall Hughey
John Smith was present as city attorney and Whitney Pitchford as secretary for the meeting.
Approval of minutes: On motion of Councilmember Carr and a second by Councilmember Hall, all councilmembers present voted to approve the minutes of the September 12, 2023 work session. On motion of Councilmember Brown and a second by Councilmember Hughey, all councilmembers present voted to approve the minutes of the September 12, 2023 regular city council meeting.
Item 1. The 23/24 Budget was discussed. Mayor Hill noted a couple of changes to the Council and reminded them that the appropriations would be voted on next month. Councilmember Godwin made a motion to suspend the rules, seconded by Councilmember Hughey. Upon a roll call vote, the motion passed unanimously. Councilmember Hall made a motion to approve the 23/24 Budget, seconded by Councilmember Taunton. Upon a vote, the motion passed unanimously.
Item 2: The 23/24 calendar was discussed. Councilmember Hughey made a motion to approve the 23/24 calendar, seconded by Councilmember Hall. Upon a vote, the motion passed unanimously.
Item 3: The Strategic Plan was discussed. Councilmembers wanted to review the changes that were suggested at the Strategic Plan meeting and add this to the October 10th agenda.
- 21/22 Audit. There are copies in Whitney’s office if anyone wants to review it.
- Homecoming parade-Councilmembers decided not to participate this year.
- Trade Day is October 21st from 8-1PM.
- Armory reopening-October 21st at 10AM.
- Thanks to the Police Department and Chief Buce for keeping me updated on the incident at the Park.
- Ward 1: Thanks to the Police Department for a job well done in the shooting and arrest.
- Ward 3: Thanks to the Police Department on the arrest. Thanks to Fire Department and Police Department for their help with the September 14th fire.
- Ward 5: Thanks to the Police Department for their hard work.
- Ward 6: Echoing what everyone has said about the Police Department.
- Ward 7: Thanks to Chief Buce for checking in with him about the shooting since it was in his ward.
There being no further business before the council, and upon motion of Councilmember Taunton and a second by Councilmember Hall, all councilmembers present voted to adjourn the meeting at 6:06 p.m.
SARAH HILL, Mayor
WHITNEY PITCHFORD, City Clerk