MINUTES OF A WORK SESSION
OF THE MAYOR AND THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE
CITY OF TALLASSEE, ALABAMA
APRIL 12, 2022
The City Council of the City of Tallassee, Alabama convened in a work session on Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. at the Tallassee Municipal Complex. The meeting was called to order and the following were recorded as present:
Mayor John Hammock
Council Members Jeremy Taunton
Fred Randall Hughey
John Smith was present as city attorney and Whitney Pitchford as secretary for the work session.
The City Council of the City of Tallassee met in the city council chambers in a work session beginning at 5:00 p.m. on April 12, 2022. The meeting was called to order at 5:00 p.m. by Mayor Hammock.
The discussion of the March 22, 2022 city council meeting and work session minutes. There were no corrections.
Next, the agenda for the April 12, 2022 city council meeting was discussed. Certain items were discussed in detail.
- Is a city worker paid for going on a Fire Department call by the city salary or the FD call? Councilmembers agreed that if a city employee went on a FD call, they should be paid their city salary during that time, not for the FD call. Chief Jones clarified that they would only need a city employee to respond if there was a multi company response.
- New building inspector starting Monday. John Southerland.
- Interviewing building admin assistant and code enforcement Friday.
- Mike Gunn-wanting to farm land at airport. Councilmembers stated that in a previous council meeting they had decided not to lease the land.
- Weather sirens-some are not working. Chief Jones said that he had talked to Keith Barnett about this. Next time they test the sirens; Chief Jones will have each weather siren monitored to see if it’s properly working. He will update the Council.
- Pickle ball Court-possibly redo the Tennis Courts for this. Get with Coach Goodman to get prices on this.
- WWTP update
- Look at business license price increases.
- Tallassee Water Tank looks great.
On motion of Councilmember Hill and second of Councilmember Godwin, and a vote in favor by all other councilmembers, the meeting was adjourned at 5:51 p.m.
JOHN HAMMOCK, Mayor
WHITNEY PITCHFORD, City Clerk