Temporary/Full-Time/Part-time Parks & Recreation Maintenance Position:
We are looking for a skilled Parks Maintenance Worker to keep our parks & facilities tidy and functional by assuming responsibility for repairs and cleaning.
This job requires a variety of manual, semi-skilled, and skilled work in construction, maintenance, and repair of parks, pools, recreation facilities and buildings. Duties include but are not limited to light construction including the use of power tools and equipment. Equipment management, maintaining athletic fields, and recreation buildings. This position would involve performing work necessary to keep a public park area safe, clean and operating efficiently to serve the needs of its visitors. Park maintenance workers mow grass, prune trees, and provide pesticide and fertilization services as well as other duties as it pertains to city owned parks, pools, ball fields & sports areas. An ideal candidate would be responsible for cleanliness of assigned facilities and some minor repairs.
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Perform minor repairs
- Do yard upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Maintain, service, clean and properly store equipment
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm, pumps, locks, covers and panels)
- Inspect and repair all damages to facilities as needed
- Participate in different projects (e.g. renovations/or pool upkeep)
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
- Perform other related duties and activities as required
- Previous working experience as a Maintenance Worker preferred
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical systems is preferred
- Experience with power tools/power equipment and lawn equipment.
- Hands on experience with hand and electrical tools
- Ability to drive and pull a truck and trailer
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Manual dexterity and physical stamina
We offer BCBS insurance single and family coverage, paid vacation, paid holiday, paid S/L and retirement. Applications for this position can be found on the City’s website at www.tallasseeal.gov or picked up at City Hall located at 3 Freeman Ave. Tallassee, AL 36078.
The City of Tallassee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.