June 6, 2019
TIMBER SALE PROSPECTUS
SALE NAME: City of Tallassee Airport Tract
BID OPENING TIME/DATE: 10:00 a.m., Tuesday, July 9, 2019
GENERAL INFORMATION ON SALE AREA
On behalf of The City of Tallassee, Sizemore & Sizemore, Inc., is offering for sale certain timber located in Tallapoosa County, Alabama (see attached locator map). The legal description for the sale area is shown on the attached Exhibit A. The timber harvest area is more precisely shown on the attached Timber Sale Area map labeled Exhibit B. Contact Sizemore & Sizemore for Exhibits A and B.
DESCRIPTION OF TIMBER OFFERED FOR SALE
Lump Sum Sale- 134.54-acre clear cut
The sale includes all timber on approximately 134.54 acres. The sale boundary and SMZ boundary is painted blue.
Estimated volume on the 134.54-acre clearcut are:
Pine Pulpwood 2325 tons Pine Topwood 762 tons
Pine Chip-N-Saw 285 tons Hardwood Pulpwood 2570 tons
Pine Sawtimber 771 tons Hardwood Sawtimber 437 tons
The volume estimates are based on 137- ten BAF prism points.
*Neither the Seller nor Sizemore & Sizemore, Inc., makes any guarantee of the volume estimate. Timber volumes included in this prospectus for the convenience of prospective bidders. (Stand tables are available on request.)
TIMBER CUTTING AGREEMENT PROVISIONS
Some important features of the Timber Cutting Agreement are as follows:
- The Purchaser will be required to deposit $2,000 in an escrow account with Sizemore & Sizemore, Inc., to ensure fulfillment of the purchaser’s obligations.
- Damages to be covered in the escrow account include damage to fences, roads, ditches, fields and plantations, and removal of trash left by loggers.
- Contract will expire 12, 18, or 24 months from contract closing.
- Successful buyer will be required to provide Sizemore & Sizemore, Inc., prior to moving equipment onto tract, a certificate(s) of insurance that shows the following minimum requirements:
1) Statutory Workers Compensation
2) Auto Liability: $1,000,000 or higher as required by state law
3) Commercial General Liability: $1,000,000 general aggregate,
and shall name: The City of Tallassee and Sizemore & Sizemore, Inc as additional insured.
The tract is open for inspection from now until Tuesday, July 9, 2019.
Contact Sizemore & Sizemore for a form to submitt your bid. Bids will be opened at Sizemore & Sizemore, Inc., at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, July 9, 2019. Bids may be mailed or faxed (334.283.5311). Bids must be received before 10:00 a.m., Tuesday, July 9, 2019.
The Seller reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
Please contact Seth Fillingham if you have any questions. 334-991-0019